Astrosat is a multi-award winning international space technology company that works on the cutting edge of this quickly developing sector.
Our work is wide ranging; from disaster response services in Asia, to environment protection in the Americas. We work with many international partners including NASA, the European Space Agency, governments across the globe and national/international agencies in pursuing these goals.
Day to day you will be working closely with both the front end application developers and the GIS data developers and liaising with project managers to plan and develop applications and features. You will be creating new, or improving/extending existing, Django applications to accomplish project requirements.
Using Django you will primarily be responsible for building the backend system, including the database architecture, to support the front end mapping application. As part of the team you will be involved in the planning and design of the application as a whole.
• 2+ years of commercial experience
• Excellent knowledge of Python
• Excellent knowledge of Django Framework
• Relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• Experience with Unix command line
• Good team player
• Ability to manage own time
Nice to have:
• Experience writing APIs
• Experience with automated testing
• Continuous integration/deployment (e.g. Jenkins, Travis)
• GIS experience
• Experience with Docker
• Experience writing Bash scripts
• Degree in computer science or other quantitative discipline
If possible, please include examples of software you have worked on; e.g. github repositories, websites, etc.
This position is for a full-time permanent position at our office located near Edinburgh. The candidate must be eligible to work and relocate in the UK.
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org