Senior Django Developer
Astrosat is a multi-award winning international space technology company that works on the cutting edge of this quickly developing sector.
Our work is wide ranging; from disaster response services in Asia, to environment protection in the Americas. We work with many international partners including NASA, the European Space Agency, governments across the globe and national/international agencies in pursuing these goals.
You will join our team of seniors working on the backend of the projects. We use Django heavily, so we are looking for senior Django developers. You must have experience working in the real world, and care about the product, not just develop it. You must enjoy improving your code and making it more readable, and be able to balance resources when required. You will work alongside with the front end devs and data team members for fulfilling different user requirements
This position is for a full-time permanent position at our office located near Edinburgh. The candidate must be eligible to work and relocate in the UK. We cannot provide sponsorship for this role.
• 3+ years of commercial experience
• Excellent knowledge of Python
• Excellent knowledge of Django Framework
• Relational databases (PostgreSQL)
• Test driven development
• CI/CD (Jenkins, Travis)
• Experience working within a multidisciplinary team
• Linux OSes (Fedora, Ubuntu)
• Good team player
• Ability to manage own time
• Willingness to travel
• Non relational databases (MongoDB)
• Big data (Druid, Hadoop)
• Data visualization and GIS
• Ability to provide accurate estimates
• Degree in computer science or other quantitative discipline
• Able to speak another language besides English.
If possible, please submit examples of software you have worked on, github repositories, etc.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com